Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, 1988

On this day twenty-three years ago, I gave birth to twins. The weird and wonderful flutters, kicks, and punches were suddenly legs and feet, arms and elbows, hands and heads. All the mysteries were solved.

Kathryn Rebecca was born first. Her hair was the color of daddy’s; her face a miniature of mine. She had big feet like grandpa, and an even bigger temper like grandma. From the moment I held her, I knew her light would burn brilliantly but never go out. I knew her life would be filled with passion, and that has become her love of music.

Ryan Andrew was born seven minutes later. When I held him, he fixed his dark blue eyes on my face and looked into my soul. From Ryan I learned contentment was a warm body snuggled against my shoulder. He never demanded and was easily satisfied. I knew he would grow to be strong like a tree that bends in the wind but never breaks.

Blessed. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment